Tarot for Healing
A deck of Tarot cards can be a tool to create space for healing. More than just a game or fortune telling, Tarot is a language of images that speaks directly to our intuition. Through learning to read Tarot cards, you will start a conversation with your inner voice, which will guide you towards truth and hope.
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- Mary Shock
Saturday, June 24, 2017 2:30 - 4:00 PM
When was the last time you had a conversation with your inner self? In this non-stop world, it is not easy to stay connected to our inner voice. Yet this communion with our higher self is key to unlocking healing. A deck of Tarot cards can be a tool to create space for this kind of communication. More than just a game or fortune telling, Tarot is a language of images that speaks directly to our intuition. Through learning to read Tarot cards, you will start a conversation with your inner voice, which will guide you towards truth and hope. In this class, you will learn what Tarot is and how to read your cards. You will learn how to use Tarot to create a daily practice that will give you time for reflection and self discovery. We will discuss how Tarot can be used for personal growth and to enrich your community. We will work as a group to create a unique Tarot spread for healing. Together we will uncover what lies beneath our pain to discover the life lessons buried there. With Tarot we will shine a light on our soul path. You will leave this class with an understanding of what Tarot is and how to use Tarot in a spiritually uplifting way. This class is open to all levels of experience, from beginners to experts.
- Intro to Tarot: A crash course in Tarot. Answering frequently asked questions and debunking Tarot myths.
- Reading Tarot for Yourself: Students will learn how to read Tarot for themselves by listening to their intuition. They will learn how including Tarot in their routine can open space for healing.
- Tarot with your Community: As a tool for emotional wellbeing, Tarot can play an important role in our communities.
- Creating your own Tarot spread: A Tarot spread is a layout of cards in a way that each card carries a specific meaning. I will give examples of some classic spreads.
Students are encouraged to bring their Tarot deck if they have one. I will bring my collection for use. You are also encouraged to bring a notebook and paper to take notes.
Mary Shock is a Tarot reader and artist. Mary’s Tarot mission is to open space for healing and love. From personal experience using Tarot to cope with grief and trauma, she has brought that same healing to her students and clients through Tarot readings, workshops and art. She has been reading Tarot professionally since 2011. Mary’s original creation, The Summer Tarot Deck, was self-published in February 2017. She has taught classes on Tarot reading in Maryland, Oregon and California. She hosts the monthly meetup BMore Tarot Club to bring together Tarot lovers. Mary organizes events in Baltimore around the topics of spirituality, healing and education.